] [ Venue ] [ Competition
] [ Results ] [ Highlights
] [ Conclusion ] [ Legacy
There are still a-ton-full of memories for Ted and Nell Hinshaw from the 1984 Olympic Regatta. Here they will share just a few-"graphically"- with the viewer.
- "Hootie" Warren was Ted's driver and "gofer". The son of Edus ("Sude") & Bobby Warren, long-time friends of the Hinshaws, he was sought out by Ted for this special job, which encompassed many responsibilities, including watering the flowers and showing all of us the marvelous wonderment and joy of these Games. Today, Dr. Houston Warren, M.D. is a surgeon in Seattle, Washington.
- The "Pope" a.k.a. Paul Henderson(CAN), then V.P, IYRU, now President, ISAF & Chuck Kober, then President, USYRU & LAOOC Director of Ceremonies conferring about "whatever".
- Sam the Eagle, LOOOC's "official" mascot, with the late Jessica Uniack-Deputy Director of Olympic Family Services. May she rest in peace.
- Following the Games, there was a Commissioners' Celebration to honor Peter Ueberroth & Harry Usher. While there, Nell, Peter & Ted had their picture taken.
- Also, following the Games, Peter Ueberroth sent each Commissioner, the Disney created LAOOC mascot "Sam the Eagle" doing his thing in his or her sport. Watch Sammy Sailing.